I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Monday, December 16, 2019

SEASONS GREETINGS

It has a been a somewhat unsettling time for a while now but hopefully things are now beginning to settle. So a couple of videos for you all, for this Christmas season.

First, I thought that that "Changes" sung by Alan Price, seemed appropriate


And then, to get a feel for the old time traditional Christmas spirit, poet John Betjeman reading his poem "Christmas". He wrote this in 1940 when Britain was standing alone against the might of Nazi Germany, bombs falling all around. To be living at that time puts our petty current troubles into focus.





A very happy Christmas to everyone. With a peaceful and progressive 2020 (I hope!)


6 comments:

Tom said...

A very happy Christmas to you and your far-flung family, and all the best for 2020.

Dave said...

A merry Christmas to you to Avus, with lots of adventures.

Avus said...

Tom and Dave:

Thank you both. Good to hear from you again Tom, I hope you all are well?

Tom said...

We are indeed!

Roderick Robinson said...

"Petty troubles"? Well, let's hope so. Let's chew the cud on what we've got in X years' time and see how well we employed our so-called sovereignty. Seasonal cheers to you and yours.

Avus said...

RR:

Well, compared with 1940 (which I just can remember (and you too), this is just a drop in the bucket. My earliest memory is of being in a pram and looking up into the Kent sky, seeing all the vapour trails - this must have been the Battle of Britain in the air over me

I am actually looking forward to 2020 and eager to see what transpires. I try to drink from a half full glass - not a half empty one.

I wish you both well.