I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Saturday, December 19, 2009

OUCH!



A very busy, multi-entry roundabout. The Avus SAAB joins it; a scream of brakes behind; an almighty BANG and suddenly I have been turned through 180 degrees, sitting there dazed with all the traffic still trying to speed around me. If you must be in a collision I recommend that you do not choose a high velocity Range Rover to do the job!
The garage tells me that this almighty dent will mean that the car is written off as not economical to repair. So a meticulously maintained motor car, (£300 service three days ago, too) with 4 new tyres, is consigned to the rubbish heap. How "green" is that?

9 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

You must feel sick about this! Glad you are ok, Avus.

herhimnbryn said...

Get a second oppinion! I bet Andy could have sorted it for you.

Glad YOU are ok. x

Zhoen said...

That sucks mightily, I'm so sorry. Hope you are ok, though.

Roderick Robinson said...

Oh merde, Avus, and merde, merde. Dunno about April being the cruellest month, December's doing pretty well, given the displeasing news just in from Sweden. The only comfort is you weren't on the Rudge.

Avus said...

I count my blessings, folks. Only a sore neck from a bit of whiplash.If that Range Rover had got me further forward on my driver's door I guess Christmas would have been in hospital (or Worse!)

HHnB: Yep - I bet nephew Andy would sort it for me - I'll ship it over to Perth for his attention.

BB: Sad news indeed from Sweden. SAAB was never the same once General Motors took them over and now they have stuffed them completely. SAAB's are not to everyone's taste but I have always liked them and owned 4 of them in between company cars. The most comfortable driver's seat possible for someone with an old back injury.
"Merde" seems to sum it up perfectly!

The Crow said...

Ouch, indeed.

:)

pohanginapete said...

Sorry to hear this, Avus, and like the others, I'm very glad you're ok. Best wishes for a much improved Christmas!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've had such a frightening experience but I'm relieved yo u are relativly alright. Hope it doesn't spoil Christmas for you.
Take care,
Boninook (N)

Kay Cooke said...

I am so sorry you've got this right now - and just after paying a service account too. Argh! Glad you are okay - I guess counting blessings helps in these situations.